Join the Cause for SB Paws.
Donate. Foster. Adopt. Volunteer.
Want to donate items? See our Amazon Wishlist here:
Check out and Like our Facebook page, where we update regularly:
Cause for SB Paws is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt, charitable organization comprised of San Bernardino area residents who care deeply about our animal care and control issues. Tax ID # 47-3145151.
What We Do:
When we have room, we take in dogs from the streets, shelters, and owner surrenders in the San Bernardino area and foster them in our own homes. We can help IF AND ONLY IF we have the support of the community - the most important being donors, adopters, and FOSTERS. If we have fosters, we can help more dogs. Without a new and growing foster pool, we cannot take in new dogs.
As you can imagine, many of our rescued dogs have been through a lot: abuse, neglect, never living inside a home or knowing the love of humans, etc. All of our dogs live in our foster homes, and we work with our dogs as much as possible so they are used to home life before being adopted. However, some dogs may always be insecure, they may take time to warm up to their adopters, they may need to relearn potty training, and they all take time and patience.
Our Long Term Goals & Dreams:
We hope to one day buy or lease a property in San Bernardino that will make our vision a reality. This space will serve as the Cause for SB Paws Rescue Center with the following goals:
1. Serve as a temporary safe haven for strays and animals pulled from our local shelters.
2. Hold community awareness events and workshops to curb the overwhelming amount of strays and pets surrendered to San Bernardino City and Devore Shelters. Events will include:
a. Low-cost training sessions.
b. Workshops on the importance of vaccinations, spay and neuter.
c. Low cost vaccinations, spay and neuter clinics through partnerships with local veterinarians.
d. Workshops on how to navigate the shelter system if you have lost a pet, found a pet, etc.
3. Hold adoption events for animals rescued from the streets and local shelters.
4. Assist pet owners who need to rehome their pets in an effort to decrease owner surrenders to SBC and Devore.
5. Support low-income and homeless pet owners with pet food and supplies, vet care, etc., through donations and grants.
6. Train therapy pets to visit local hospitals, retirement communities, and others who could benefit from the therapeutic benefits of well-behaved, loving animals.
7. Provide the community with volunteer opportunities.
8. Connect to local school districts to bring animal care and control education into the schools, and allow students the opportunity to volunteer at our center.
9. Provide low-cost self-serve grooming with grooming tubs, dryers, shampoos, and other grooming supplies.
Learn about adopting one of our dogs here .
Find out how you can donate here .
See all the Dogs!
Beautiful Queenie (Rosie) was rescued from Downey Animal Shelter after giving birth to 12 puppies! Q...read more about Queenie
***COURTESY POST FOR CURRENT OWNER WHO NEEDS TO REHOME DUKE***Duke or "Duke Boy" as I like to call h...read more about Duke
See all of our news!
See our latest news on our Facebook Page! -- Wednesday February 25th, 2015